- Complaint from public, various administrative authorities, NGOs, etc. are important sources of information for identification of vigilance related issues in the Railways. Complaints to the vigilance are thus meant to result in punitive action against the erring public servant(s). Relief as such in the matter to the complaint is only incidental to the vigilance action. Redressal of grievances vis-a-vis Government organizations or public sector enterprises should not be the focus of complaints to the vigilance.
- Complaint can be lodged only against Railway officials over which Chief Vigilance Officer, Northeast Frontier Railway has jurisdiction. The vigilance department has no jurisdiction over private individuals and other Government department. Therefore, please do not lodge complaints against officials of these organizations to the Chief Vigilance Officer, Northeast Frontier Railway.
- The complainant should note:
- The pre-requisite for investigation of a complaint, barring certain exceptions is that the complaint should be signed and contain the name and address of the complainant. Any complaint that does not bear the name and address of the complainant is an anonymous complaint. A complaint which does not bear the full particulars of the complainant or is unsigned or is not subsequently acknowledged by a complainant as having not been made is a pseudonymous complaint. The vigilance department will not entertain both anonymous and pseudonymous complaints.
- The complainant for valid reasons desires that his identity be withheld while processing the complaint, the complaint may be addressed to Secretary, Central Vigilance Commission, New Delhi and should be super scribed "Complaint Under the Public Interest Disclosure" on the envelop.
- The Vigilance Department will not entertain or inquire into any disclosure –
- in respect of which a formal and public enquiry had been ordered under public servant's enquiries act, 1850 or
- in respect of a matter which has been returned for enquiries under the commission of enquiries act, 1952.
- Complaint should be addressed directly to the Chief Vigilance Officer, Northeast Frontier Railway. Complaints marked to a large number of functionaries are not normally pursued by the Chief Vigilance Officer.
- Complaints must be specific and contain factual details, verifiable facts and related matters. It should not be vague or contain sweeping general allegations.
- Only those complaints which are against officials within the jurisdiction of the Chief Vigilance Officer, Northeast Frontier Railway and have allegations of corruption will be investigated.
- Other complaints will either be filed or will be referred to the department concerned for necessary administrative action
- Chief Vigilance Officer will not entertain unnecessary correspondence in the matter, but will ensure that the complaints are investigated and action taken to its logical conclusion.
- In case the complaint is found to be motivated or vexatious, the Chief Vigilance Officer shall be at liberty to take appropriate steps.
Any corruption related complaint pertaining to Northeast Frontier Railway may be addressed to:
Sr. Deputy General Manager(SDGM)/Chief Vigilance Officer(CVO),
Office of the General Manager, Northeast Frontier Railway
Landline No : 0361- 2676055 Fax No : 0361-2676055 Mobile no. : 9957550002
For more information send your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Source : Welcome to North East Frontier Railway / Indian Railways Portal CMS Team Last Reviewed : 09-06-2021