GENERAL RULES FOR AVAILING RAILWAY CONCESSION
Booking tickets for senior citizens/handicapped persons
- Concession is granted only on basic fare of Mail/Exp trains irrespective of type of trains, i.e. Mail/Exp or passenger by which the passengers travel. No concession shall be admissible in respect of other charges, viz, super fast charges, reservation charges and safety surcharges, etc.
- No concession in rail fare is admissible by Rajdhani/ Shatabdi Express trains, except for senior trains.
- No concession is granted in case of travel by AC Chair car, AC First class & AC 3-tier, except for senior citizens, orthopaedically handicapped, Blind and Mentally retarded persons
- Your concessional ticket cannot be changed to a higher class even if you are willing to pay the difference of fare.
- No concession is granted for a journey, the cost of which is borne by Central/State Governments/Local bodies/Corporations or Government undertakings.
- Some of the concessions are admissible subject to the minimum distance of journey which have been specified in the relevant categories.
- First class coupon books for press correspondents will be valid in AC classes in accordance with the specific concession entitlement for higher class.
- No person or party will be allowed two or more concessions at a time.
- All concessions are to be granted across the counters/ at stations/reservation office/Booking office only. If some person enters the train without ticket or without proper ticket or extends journey or concession ticket to the higher classes etc. he/she shall not be granted any concession in the train even he/she otherwise eligible for concession under the rule.
- Person eligible for concession in First class may travel also in AC-2 tire/Sleeper Class on payment of difference between normal AC-2tr sleeper and first class fare plus First class confessional fare.