NJP Railway Station as a Green building
It is proposed to convert the existing NJP Railway Station as a green building i.e a building whose design, construction or operation, reduces or eliminates negative impacts, and can create positive impacts, on our climate and natural environment. Green buildings preserve precious natural resources and improve our quality of life.
It is planned to include varies features such as:
- ·Efficient use of energy, water and other resources
- ·Use of renewable energy, such as solar energy
- ·Pollution and waste reduction measures, and the enabling of re-use and recycling
- ·Good indoor environmental air quality
- ·Use of materials that are non-toxic, ethical and sustainable
- ·Consideration of the environment in design, construction and operation
- ·Consideration of the quality of life of occupants in design, construction and operation
- ·A design that enables adaptation to a changing environment
The benefits of converting NJP Railway Station as “Green Building”
Multiple advantages are envisaged such as environmental, economic and social.
NJP proposed Green Station will add to a better climate and the natural environment as it shall not only reduce or eliminate negative impacts on the environment, by using less water, energy or natural resources, but may also have a positive impact on the environment by generating their own energy over a period of time .
NEW JALPAIGURI RAILWAY STATION: SOME IMAGES