· Tatkal booking opens at 8AM on five days before of actual date of journey excluding date of journey .For example in respect of train leaving on 6th,Tatkal Booking will commence at 8AM on 1st.
NO proof of identity is required to be produced by the passenger seeking reservation under Tatkal scheme neither at the time of booking nor during the journey.
· Instead of full coach being presently nominated as Tatkal Coach, there will be Tatkal quota in each train in 2A, 3A, AC Chair Car and sleeper classes as under: -
2A - 4 berths per coach
3A - 6 berths per coach
AC Chair Car - 6 seats per coach and
SL -10% of the accommodation on one coach whichever is less
· In those trains and classes where average utilization of Tatkal accommodation during six months period i.e. April to September is 80% and above, tatkal charges applicable during peak period will be charged through out the year i.e for both peak and non peak period.
· Accommodation to be earmarked under Tatkal scheme should be enhanced as under
No. of berths to be earmarked where the utilization of Tatkal accommodation is more than 80%
10 Berths Per Coach
16 Berths Per Coach
AC Chair Car
16 Seats Per Coach
20% of the available accommodation
· There will be no separate Tatkal train defined. The unutilized Tatkal quota will get released to waitlisted passengers.
· Tatkal charges have been revised as under:-
Existing (in Rs.)
(15 July to 15 September)
(16th Sept. to 14 July)
AC Chair Car
AC chair car
The facility of change of name is not permitted on the bookings made under this scheme.
· The reservation under this scheme shall be available only upto the time of preparation of charts.
· For the purpose of granting refunds & issuing TDRs for W/L, the time limit will be the same as applicable for refund of normal tickets.
· REFUNDS - A flat refund of 25% of total fare charged on the ticket, excluding tatkal charge is granted on cancellation of Tatkal ticket, which are presented for cancellation up to 24 hours before the schedule departure of the train. However, full refund of fare and tatkal charges will be granted on the tickets booked under this scheme in the following circumstances: -
· If the train is delayed by more than 3 hours at the journey originating point of the passenger & not the boarding point if the passenger's journey originating point and boarding point are different.
· If the train is to run on a diverted route and passenger is not willing to travel.
· If the train is to run on diverted route and boarding station or the destination or both the station are not on the diverted route.
· In case of non attachment of coach in which Tatkal accommodation has been earmarked and the passenger has not been provided accommodation in the same class.
· If the party has been accommodated in lower class and does not want to travel .In case the party travels in lower class, the passenger will be given refund of different of fare and also the different of Tatkal charges, if any.
· The reservation under this scheme is available only up to the time of preparation of charts.
· The booking Tatkal scheme will be done only from originating to terminating point of the train with boarding facility from intermediate station. However, Zonal railways have been given the discretion of imposing restrictions on Tatkal booking regarding defining trains as end-to-end or keeping it free or imposing distance restriction etc. Keeping in view the over all utilization of the accommodation available in the train.